Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Furl Your Firefox Extensions

I have recently started using Firefox as my default browser. some sites work better with IE, the vast majority work just asor better in Firefox. Plus Firefox is more secure, andsignificantly more features - but only if you can find them!!

That's the topic of this post - I use several different computers, and for whatever reason I also seem to get a new laptop on a regular basis, from spilling coke on it, internal, unexplicable and unpredictable death, job change or whatever. Thus I tend to haveto install stuff I use a lot, including Firefox extensions.

For extensions (and probably in general all software packages although I haven't yet done this), I stumbled upon a great solution: I use Furl to mark each extension I install. When I install an extension I like, I furl it and tag it with the "Firefox Extensions" tag.

On another computer, where I haven't yet installed my favorite extensions, now I can easily find them.

If you want to see which ones I use, just browse on over to my Furl Firefox Extensions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home