Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Getting Better

I've been getting a lot of questions about how I am doing now that it's been several months since my accident.

So here's a quick post to answer those questions. If you don't feel like reading on, I've often compared my current condition to the well-known 80/20 rule - I've completed 80% of my recovery in 20% of the. I'm fairly convinced the remaining 20% recovery will take 80% of the time.

That said, a few more details are in order. Overall, my condition is improving, and I live with less and less/difficulty every day. For the most part, I am back to my normal life, with fairly little loss of overall ability to do things I used to do.

There's lots of little things, I have to re-learn how to use my thumb so video gaming is in! :) Yay! Tying my shoes was hard but getting easier....fastening buttons is still difficult, but I'll get it.

Strangely, I keep learning about new injuries I suffered - turns out I also fractured a rib on the left side (sometimes I feel like I fractured one on the right side too), and tore my rotator cuff.

Overall, I've been improving day by day or week by week - sometimes it's hard to tell on a short scale but on the longer scale I'm definitely doing better.

Since my pain level keeps decreasing, and my flexibility/Range of Motion keeps increasing, I haven't been too worried about the long term effects - mostly I figure it's going to just take a good amount of stretching and exercise regimens mixed with the best healer of all: time.

That's about it, thanks to everyone that's asked or keeps asking to know how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home